November 5, 2011

Overheard at Home 11/3/11

Molly invited Jason and I to her room to watch her "do a dance show." She made a stage out of blankets and already had an audience of stuffed animals in place.  Dressed in her Hello Kitty leotard, birthday tiara, and fully decked in accessories, she was ready to start. It was all very well thought out.

Mo began her ballet.

Jason: Where did you learn how to dance like this?
Mo: Ballet class.

(More dancing and boa waving. Yep - a boa.)

Mo: Do you like this bow I put up? It's part of the decoration.  This is part of the decoration, too.  This book is a learning how to dance book. It's how I learned to dance.  This is called "The Swan Lake."
Me: "The Swan Lake?"
Mo: Mommy, I'm doing The Swan Lake.
Me: Well, you are the prettiest little swan I've ever seen.
Mo: Mommy, a Swan Lake is just a type of ballet. So, I'm not really a swan. I'm just a person.

Duh, Mom.
One of my fave pics of my fave ballerina

No comments: