August 5, 2008

Idaho 2008 & Turning 31

I mentioned a trip to the "untamed west" in the last blog, but - in all honesty - it was quite civilized. We spent last week in Farragut State Park with 300 of our friends from Grace Community Church & Calvary Community Church (both in the Seattle area.) They invited us out to "camp" with them. When I say "camp," I mean...they build a city of tents in the middle of nowhere and live for a week. And when I say "build a city," I mean it. For example, the camp kitchen where ALL the meals were prepared was complete with refrigerators, stoves, ovens, and I'm thinking a microwave or two. It was amazing. Thanks, David, for inviting us out...and to all of our new friends who took such great care and made us feel welcome!

Of course, you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't take a single photo of the campgrounds or breathtaking scenery of North Idaho. (Bear with me, folks. Remember I'm new to having a camera around all the time.) I did, however, take pictures of Molly...and I know we all love that. (Oh, and notice all the sleeves and jeans...it was an early fall for us! Thank goodness I packed those wool socks at the last minute.)

So glad we crammed "Big Dawg" into our suitcase!
This is what you get when you say, "Give me a big smile." It lasts a split second, so you have to have a quick shutter speed.
Waiting on Daddy to come back to the RV...our home for the week
This is - you guessed it - a barn dance in Idaho. The twinkle lights and heart-shaped archway (sorry not pictured) put it over the top.
Molly "Dance Party" Harwell was surprisingly disinterested in square dancing. Her dad says it's because she's more of a "street dancer."

This trip had a lot of firsts for Molly, too...first plane ride, first boat ride, first time in an RV, first trip to Idaho. But most importantly, it was her first trip to Silverwood amusement park. (Apparently, it's the largest theme park in the Northwest United States or something like that.) Molly loved the carousel and especially the "Tiny Toots Railroad" rollercoaster...surprisingly scary for a ride that you had to be at least 42 inches tall to ride without an adult.


Okay, seriously. This photo makes me laugh. WHERE is Molly? Who knows...but her daddy is having a good time!

Lastly, I'm 31 now. I've felt melancholy about my birthday this year...just missing my dad and realizing that he wasn't around to make a big deal about me this year like he has done every birthday for the last 30 years. Mom and Jason did a good job of making my day special, though. We had a great family dinner downtown, and Mom spent the night with us. So, happy birthday to me!


A picture of Molly singing in her "husky voice"...hard to explain but it's hilarious!!! Especially when she mixes it with her "silly walk." Pure comedy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kid Ridiculous indeed. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!


I'm glad you guys had a nice time in Idaho.

And I definitely think Molls is more of a street dancer than that organized square dancing crap.

LOVE!

Diana said...

We had so much fun with you guys in Idaho! I'll have to dig out some of my pictures to send to you from camp. You were our best square dancing partners!