So you'll notice the lovely pictures on this post...taken by my NEW CAMERA! That's right, friends and family, I will now take pictures and send them to you! My sweet husband surprised me with a new pocket-sized camera today. (He let me have my gift early on account of our upcoming trip to the untamed west.) I'm so excited to have it and be able to share some photos with you. Love that Jason Harwell.
See that glazed over look? No nap for Little Miss...I mean, seriously...who would nap at a party?
Yesterday was Pop's birthday, and we all went together and bought him a grill. He had told us "no presents" but, selfishly, we want him to have us over for a cookout. This is him opening his new grill cover which made him very suspicious...
Okay..this is really special. The photos below are my handmade (by Pop) wind chimes. My father-in-law is a sometimes folk artist. (I say "sometimes" because he could completely make this a second career for himself, but he just makes things because he enjoys doing it.) You can't see all the details in the photos, and I tried to zoom in. He cuts and shapes the glass, carves and stains the dragonflies and wood, and then assembles the whole thing. I mentioned about 4 months ago that I would love to have some of his windchimes, and this is what he made me. Come by and see it in person...the photos can't do it justice. It's a work of art...a Ray Harwell original. Thanks, Pop! I love the chimes!
Oh...and one more thing...our sweet friends, Karen & Patrick,welcomed their son, John, into the world this week. A pic of the new family! Love y'all.
3 comments:
those are indeed some sweet chimes...
and congrats on the camera! that's exciting!
love you--happy birthday!
we're getting old, girl!
SHNIKIES...I missed your bday! Dang it. I hope it was fantabulous and though I did think of you on that day, I did nothing about it...darn me I say. Darn me. But a belated happy day o days to you my love!!!
Post a Comment