.jpg)
On the way to school the morning we found out, I had this conversation with Molly:
Me: Today Mommy and Daddy go to the doctor. He's going to tell us if our baby is a boy or a girl.
Mo: It's a girl, Mama.
Me: Well, it might be a boy.
Mo: No, Mama. It's a girl, and we should name her Molly too.
Me: Well, that would be confusing for Mommy to have 2 girls named Molly. We'll talk about it.
Mo: (Adamantly whining) NO! I don't want to talk about it. I want to name her Molly.
After school, it went down like this:
Me: Molly, our baby is a boy.
Mo: (very matter-of-factly) No.
Me: Yes. Our baby is a boy. You're going to have a brother.
Mo: Oh. Okay.
2 comments:
I know a little girl who was convinced that she was getting a little sister...who even spent most of her mom's pregnancy telling everyone she was going to sell her baby brother to Grandma for "two bucks"...and who spent this last weekend taking care of him almost 7 years later. I love watching the relationship between my boy and girl, and we are all so excited for the Harwell family!
She came around pretty fast to the fact that she's having a little brother not named molly
Post a Comment