August 8, 2011

Kindergarten!

We just returned from walking Mo to our neighborhood school for the first day of Kindergarten. She marched herself to school talking the whole way - excited about the day ahead. (She's most excited about eating in the cafeteria everyday and the "Molly-sized potties" in the bathroom.)

When we got there, she walked right up and hung her backpack on the hook and went into her classroom. I had to call her name to come back out and hug us goodbye. She gave us a BIG hug and kissed Sam goodbye - and off she went! That Kindergarten doesn't know what it's in for!

I did my crying last night, so I fared pretty well. (At least until we got onto our street, and I got a little misty.) Sam on the other hand is a little bummed about his best friend going off to school without him. We turned into our neighborhood, and he said, "I go back. I go back!" Then he started chanting, "Mol-yee! Mol-yee! Mol-yee!"


3 comments:

the Widlund's said...

We've got one year until we send Hanna to high school - treasure every art project, every hat made out of sentence strips and every moment. It goes so, so quickly.

Suzanne said...

Oh yes, I remember the day vividly. I did ok until she walked in the door and I watched her from the car. Then the tears exploded! haha - gonna be a mess when I send them off to college!!

Send Sam down here - we're gonna have 3 lonely kids when big sis goes back to school Thursday. They can sulk together. :)

John and Tara Dunn said...

So precious. What a big day!!!