July 23, 2012

Monumental Weekend

This may mean nothing to anyone who reads this, but it was a BIG weekend in our house.  And since I don't scrapbook, and this blog is how my children will one day know anything about their childhood...you get to read about it.

Big weekend for the Harwell family because 2 big things happened:

1) Molly learned to tie her shoes.  (Every pair of shoes she has ever had have been velcro or buckles.)  So...Saturday night, we said, "Let's learn to tie shoes!"  She did it a few times with Jason's help, then Sunday morning, she tied her own shoes for church.  Then she spent the afternoon tying bows on EVERYTHING!

2) Sam potty-trained himself.  Saturday morning I came downstairs to him standing in the living room (bottom-less) holding a pull-up.
He said, "Mama, I went tee-tee."  (I was concerned and had some bad mental imagery with this statement.)
I said, "Where?"
He looked confused and said, "In the potty."  (It was true...all of it was in the potty.)
He's been in "big boy underwear" ever since.

See?  Monumental.

1 comment:

Franny said...

Congrats! Great news.